With a career spanning over six decades, Ray Patterson participated in almost every aspect of animation: Inking, storyboarding, animating, and directing.

Patterson started his career in 1929, at the Charles Mintz studio. Ten years later, he was animating Pluto cartoons for Disney. He also worked on Disney features such as Fantasia and Dumbo. In 1941, he joined MGM's Hanna-Barbera unit as an animator. Over the next dozen years, he animated sixty Tom and Jerry cartoons. He worked on several Droopy cartoons with director Tex Avery.

At Hanna-Barbera as a director in the late 1970s, he worked on cartoons such as Superfriends and Devlin. From 1982-1983, he directed the Gary Coleman Show. In 1986, he directed the feature film Go-Bots: Battle of the Rock Lords, based on the popular GoBots cartoon series. Other cartoons he worked on include The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones. In 1992, he directed The Addams Family animated series. He retired from Hanna-Barbera in 1993.

Ray Patterson passed away December 30, 2001. He was 90 years old.

Obscure Trivia: Ray Patterson was also the name of the incumbent Sanitation Commissioner in the "Trash of the Titans" episode of The Simpsons.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.