The existence of radio stations that pander to juveniles is a mystery. No one knows how or why they exist. Their remote broadcasts are from places like high schools, roller rinks, and shopping malls. When one tunes into these stations, she/he is sure to hear N'Sync, the Backstreet Boys, or wannabe gantsta bitch rap. The DJs are twenty-somethings, and the listener can almost hear them thinking, "I want to fuck Britney Spears!" as they play "Hit Me Baby One More Time" yet again.

The logical question: Who the hell would want to advertise on such a station? Only junior high and high school kids listen to them, and we all know what a poor group of consumers they are. I don't even know why any business would want to be associated with Christina Aguilera. It is, indeed, a conumdrum. Possibly even a conspiracy, but I need to look into who would be evil and sadistic enough to make us listen to such bubblegum crap.

UPDATE: Am I the only one who had no money in high school?
No, SueZVudu, you were not alone. Not to mention which, I never listened to those horrible stations when I was in high school, unless I was forced to by the people I worked with. I preferred a pirate radio station which I was lucky enough to live close enough to to listen to most of the time, and was thus able to avoid commercials and things like that entirely. (Plus, I can't think of any other station ever that would play Bjork, Men Without Hats, and Squirrel Nut Zippers in the same hour. Pirate stations kick ass.)

The reason that advertisers like advertising on those stations is that those who listen to that kind of crap seem (in my opinion, if you don't like it you're welcome to disagree) to be teenagers of the spoiled and trendy variety. They're the ones with enough disposable income to buy this crap, the rest of us have to pick and choose decent music and other products, and are not likely to buy an article of clothing or soft drink because (celebrity) wears it, drinks it, bathes in it, etc.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.