Rachel Weisz is a rather beautiful English actress. She's of Jewish Hungarian descent, hence the silly name, which is pronounced vice. She was born in 1971. She attended Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where she formed a theatre company called Talking Tongues which went to the Edinburgh festival, where their show won a major-ish award.

I fell deeply in adolescent love-crush with her when she was on a fairly crap English one-off TV drama called My Summer With Des. I only caught the second half, and it was a bit surreal, seeming to be about her as some weird sort of angel who visited and slept with Neil Morrissey. Who was also visited by Des Lynam. As I said, it was a little surreal. Anyway, I didn't know what was going on, but I was lovestruck, and surprised she wasn't better known, being as she was a talented actress and pretty to boot; since then she's become rather more famous, and has starred in the execrable The Mummy and the even more execrable The Mummy Returns. (Actually, I enjoyed both - I'm just embarrassed.)

She's also in such films as Stealing Beauty (in which she is excellent), Enemy At The Gates, which is by all accounts crap, and About A Boy, which is alright in a Nick Hornbyish way. I saw her in an excellent play called The Shape Of Things, by the extremely talented Neil LaBute, at the Donmar Warehouse in London. Not as good as her talented co-star Paul Rudd, but she was pretty good, and her beauty is positively luminescent. She's the sort of woman you feel fairly sure you'd fall in love with if you met her (she's clever and everything!), though obviously and logically this is complete bollocks and she probably likes Third Eye Blind or hates The Simpsons or something unforgiveable like that.

Here's a filmography, fact fans, which was stolen from imdb.com, as were pretty much any other facts in this low-fact writeup:

    • Envy (2003)
      Runaway Jury, The (2003) .... Marlee
      Confidence (2002)
      Shape of Things, The (2002) .... Evelyn
      Disgrace (2001) .... Lucy
      This Is Not an Exit: The Fictional World of Bret Easton Ellis (2000) .... Lauren Hynde
      Tube Tales (1999) (TV) .... (segment Rosebud)
      Sunshine (1999) .... Greta
      The Mummy (1999) .... Evelyn 'Evie' Carnahan
      Bent (1997) .... Prostitute
      Going All the Way (1997) .... Marty Pilcher
      Swept from the Sea (1997) .... Amy Foster
      Death Machine (1995) .... Junior Executive
  • Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.