The rabbit pearl vibrator is reputed as one of the best ever. It is made in Japan. It runs about $80. A little on the pricey side, but as an avid fan of vibrating toys I decided that I must try it myself. I ordered it last year to celebrate Valentine's Day by myself. (Don't feel bad, it was great- read on.)

I timed it so that the vibe would arrive the day before V day. Might as well go in with a blast. When it arrived I was quite excited and opened it right away.

First off... it is pink and attached by wire to a long battery/control object that is very phallic itself. Not opaque pink- but translucent pink so that you may see through the shaft to the little compartment of white pearls near the base of the shaft. It's shaped not unlike a cartoon cactus with one arm. The main shaft is 71/2 inches long, the part that would be the singular arm of the cactus is 3/12 inches long and protrudes starting an inch and a half up the shaft. (Yeah, I do have it out with my ruler.) The arm of the cactus is shaped like a bunny. The idea being that when the shaft is entirely inside a woman the ears of the bunny tickle her clitoris. The end of the shaft is shaped, well like the head of a penis, but has a little smiley face as though it is a little person. I heard once that it was illegal in Japan to make them look 'real.'

Remember, this is all before batteries are added. I was comfortable enough with it. It seemed pretty harmless, pink, and cute. I added the three C batteries and headed upstairs. I put on some music, Depeche Mode actually, got undressed, and got in bed for a closer inspection.

On the control panel there are two different levers for turning the device on and off. You can choose from 12 different power levels, though the lever slides back and forth so I was expecting a slow build. The ears, on the first level, became a complete blur. (I'm tingling just thinking of it.) My finger tickled incessantly when I touched it. By the top level the thing was a bit scary to look at. It made my heart jump a beat to watch it whir. I turned it off. Then, I tried the other lever. On the first level the shaft slowly rotated once, then twice and stopped. I cranked it up. It rotated slowly gently swaying its entire length. I was half way up the power, it was going a bit faster, three quarters and the pearls started smashing against each other. Full speed and they were pushing each other around and bulging out of the skin-like material of their compartment. I gasped, I turned it off again.

The story gets less narrative here. We have a mixed audience, don't we? Let's keep it family friendly.

It is lovely. Everyone should have one. I can't handle it all the time; there is too much going on with it but I love having it for special occasions.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.