Quidditch Through the Ages

Quidditch through the Ages is a short (56 page) book by J.K. Rowling (nom de plume of the day: Kennilworthy Whisp) about the wizardly sport of quidditch Introduced to us in the best-selling Harry Potter Series.

The book has every scrap of information that anyone would ever want about quidditch. It includes details about the source of the wizard's broomstick, Histories of pre-quidditch broom-games, Early developement of the sport, the strange truth about the Golden Snitch, the anti-muggle precautions used in Quidditch Matches, a chronicle of all the rule-changes since Quidditch's conception, including the current rules, The teams of the British League, the spread of quidditch world-wide, the evolution of modern racing brooms, and a host of other interesting things.

The book retains fantastic style, with hardly a "out of character" word inside. A "property of Hogwarts Library" is stamped to the outside, while a list of students who've borrowed the book, and their due-dates can be found on the first page. It's even published in collaboration with "Whizz Hard Books", for 14 Sickles and 3 Knuts.

A final bonus of buying Quidditch Through the Ages is the fact that a good portion of the sale price goes to Comic Relief A charity organization devoted to helping the poor.

Return to The Harry Potter Project

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.