Pussy Galore is the Bond girl in the third James Bond, 007 movie, Goldfinger. Ms. Galore is Mr. Goldfinger's personal ace pilot. Her main project: training a squad of female aviatrix to spray a deadly nerve gas around Fort Knox to knock out the troops. At first, she seems to find Bond eminently resistible. She's more likely to land him a Judo chop than a kiss...

However, Bond is never one to take rejection lightly. Eventually his charm wins and at the eleventh hour, Pussy Galore changes sides and alerts the Pentagon of the danger that might occour at Fort Knox. The movie ends with Bond pushing Mr. Goldfinger out of a plane, in classic Bond-style. Then Bond and Pussy Galore abandon the plane and parachute to safety.

Pussy Galore was played by Honor Blackman, who played Cathy Gale on The Avengers television series long before Goldfinger. She is now a theater actress who has recently been in such English productions as Mother Goose, The Sound of Music, and On Your Toes.

In the original Fleming novel, Pussy Galore was a lesbian and her all-female flying circus was implied to be a pretty intimate outfit. Apparently, Fleming imagined Bond to be so irresistable to women that he could even "turn" a lesbian. This aspect of Pussy's character was toned down a lot in final cut of Goldfinger, but it had been originally retained in the script and you can still see hints of it if you listen carefully to the dialogue.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.