This is a song by Ween, from the album Pure Guava.

Probably Ween's most famous song, made popular probably by Beavis and Butt-Head exposure. Their video was played on MTV with the stupid duo's responses, and it kind of got some people's attention because it was so different. As a result Pure Guava was their highest-selling album ever and they got several more videos onto MTV (i.e. "Freedom of '76," "I Can't Put My Finger On It," and "Voodoo Lady").

Several versions of this song were released, most heard with the "radio edit" over the word "shit"--a little "yow!" is recorded over it. In the lesser-known "Funky Drummer Mix," weird drumming covers the word "shit."

Unlike many other Ween songs, the lyrics generally make sense, and are about a relationship. Sage advice is given at the beginning:

when u lie
kiss your baby bye bye bye
and if you're true
the whole wide world will laugh with you

However, the most well-known bit of the song is Gener's chant of "push th' little daisies and make 'em come up!" in a voice like he has a lungful of helium.

The video is strange. In it, Gene is a peppy lad, jumping about while singing, and as a contrast, Dean acts as though he is borderline retarded. (Honestly!) He is wearing a strange hat on his head that looks like pantyhose, and makes monkey faces, and twitches his thumb spastically over his guitar instead of actually playing it. A random girl is shown eating college-dorm type food with the boys at a nice little dinner table. Part of their décor is a little flash of a horse. I think this is the stallion.

This song is © 1992 by Ween, Elektra Records (Cassette), © 1992 CD Creation Records (CD).

Pure Guava
Next song on this album: The Goin' Gets Tough From the Getgo

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.