Skilled professionals – a microcosm

Time was when the child minder was two doors down, maybe an old biddy, and you just gave her a few quid and made sure she could eat and pay her electricity bill; everyone was happy.

But spot the mistakes:

List:
  • 1/ We are sticking together and helping each other – a bad example; where would that sort of thing end?
  • 2/ Money is being spread out among large numbers of people and is not being concentrated into a few hands. Organizations could make vast sums by forcing people to use them for child minding.
  • So what supervenes? Well, in the UK, the traitors, who administer this colony in the service of the American master race, are lobbied by business interests and decide that many child minders are ABUSIVE. (many plants grow from seeds, to grow a plant from a seed, make a hole in the soil, put the seed in the hole, cover over the seed; many plants grow from bulbs, to grow a plant from a bulb, make a hole in the ground, put the bulb in the hole, cover over the hole) so they have got to be licensed.

    The licenses are dispensed by skilled professional social workers.

    It's a microcosm boys and girls: If they did not establish the rubbish that the dirt of applied psychology are all seeing, all knowing – if they did not turn PROFESSIONAL into our worship word, did not use “professional” and “skills” as primary social control key words, we'd just laugh.

    Pro*fes"sion*al (?), a.

    1.

    Of or pertaining to a profession, or calling; conforming to the rules or standards of a profession; following a profession; as, professional knowledge; professional conduct.

    "Pride, not personal, but professional." Macaulay. "A professional sneerer." De Quincey.

    2.

    Engaged in by professionals; as, a professional race; -- opposed to amateur.

     

    © Webster 1913.


    Pro*fes"sion*al, n.

    A person who prosecutes anything professionally, or for a livelihood, and not in the character of an amateur; a professional worker.

     

    © Webster 1913.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.