Crown Princess of Sweden, the law of succession having been changed in her favour as the eldest child. She is the daughter of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia. Rumoured to be suffering from anorexia, in which case she's a positive role model, coping with it and all that.

Memo to self: delete previous sentence if she snuffs it in near future.

Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess Victoria Ingrid Alice Desiree of Sweden, the Duchess of Västergötland, was born on July 14, 1977, to Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden and his wife, Queen Silvia, at Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden. She has two siblings, His Royal Highness Prince Carl Philip, who was born on May 13, 1979, and Princess Madeleine, born June 10, 1983.

Sweden was the first country to adopt cognatic primogeniture in 1979 and so on January 1, 1980, Princess Victoria was created The Crown Princess of Sweden and heir apparent of her father the King.

Beginning in 1982, through 1984, The Crown Princess attended Västerled parish pre-school and in the fall of 1984 she started going to school at Smedslättsskolan, in Bromma, Sweden. She then attended Alstensskolan in Bromma and finally Enskilda Gymnasiet in Stockholm, graduating in 1996. In the fall of 1996 she began a year of study at the Universite Catholique de l'Ouest in Angers, France and then went to Yale in the United States of America. While attending University in the United States, The Crown Princess interned at the United Nations and at the Swedish Embassy in Washington, D.C.. In addition to studying agriculture and forestry, The Crown Princess has also studied at the Swedish International Development Agency and interned with the Swedish Trade Coucil in both Berlin, Germany and Paris, France.

The duties of The Crown Princess primarily entail official visits abroad. Her first official visit was to Japan in 2001, when she promoted Swedish design. She has also made official visits to Kosovo, Cairo, Egypt, the United States of America, Saudi Arabia, Hungary and Turkey, promoting Swedish trade and industry. She has also worked with the Royal Household Collections and the Museum of National Antiquities.


Source:
http://www.royalcourt.se/theroyalfamily/crownprincessvictoria.4.53abbbfd7ffdfa677fff24564.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.