Former home of the Washington Bullets and Washington Capitals, now home to the Washington Redskins. The University of Maryland at College Park is there, as well as the Goddard Space Flight Center and Andrew's Air Force Base. Other cities include Bowie, Greenbelt, Mitchellville, Laurel, where George Wallace was shot in 1972, and Upper Marlboro. Bowie, Maryland is considered the "cradle of American horse racing".

A proto-ghetto, economically malnourished (to find superior, upscale shopping experiences, one must venture as north as Montgomery County, as far west as Virginia, and as far east as Annapolis), and altogether unremarkable place that, strangely enough, I'm proud to call home.

PGC is home to the following:

and lastly, and perhaps most importantly...

All of this packed into roughly 500 square miles, in a swath of land just east of our Nation's Capitol. And I wholeheartedly concur with mydryskin: Prince George's County does yield some very unique individuals.

Prince George's County was formed from land in Calvert County, Maryland and Charles County, Maryland by an act of the General Assembly on St. George's Day, April 23, 1696. The County was named for Prince George of Denmark, husband of Princess Anne, heir to the throne of England.

Generally it is known for its bad schools, police brutality, ghetto malls, and the University of Maryland, College Park

(History from the Prince George's County Government website)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.