Pounce is also a type of treats for cats that come is these odd flavors: Although previously said not possible, it is very possible to train a cat with these treats.

My cat will come to me when I shake the bottle, and when given one will eat it in my lap, unless I tell him to eat it on the floor, at which time he will jump off of my lap and eat the treat on the floor.

Transforms from puma to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: POUNCE

FUNCTION: INFILTRATOR
"Terror is the stage on which I perform."

Sly, silent, and savage. The right machine for the right job. Often ignores his victims' pleas for mercy. In puma mode, can leap .7 miles. Possesses superior eyesight and sense of smell. In robot mode, laser range finder in optical sensors provides 99.4% accuracy with twin anti-personnel missile launching bayonets. Clone brother is Wingspan.

  • Strength: 5
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 5
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 8
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 10
Transformers Tech Specs


The clones were a good idea, but crippled somewhat by their small size. At the same time, the designers took the wrong approach: they created two perfectly normal-looking robots (sold in the same package) and forced them into different modes, in the Decepticons' case a puma and a hawk. Normally Transformers are created the other way around, and the result of this reversed development was two ugly animals that suffered badly from what I call "of course it transforms into a robot" syndrome.

Yeek, I always thought pounces were happy things. However, after reading Webster 1913's definition of it, apparently it's not. Pounces are things of death and doom and destruction! That's certainly no good.

Here's way I had always thought of 'em, as summed up nicely by my best friend: pounces are big hugs that sneak up on you from behind. There are frontal pounces as well, but that usually involves diving of some sort, landing gently on top of the other party and hugging them on the floor. Pounces of this sort are much happier than falling suddenly on someone and seizing them with your claws. Please don't do that: you could poke an eye out.

Pounce (?), n. [F. ponce pumice, pounce, fr. L. pumex, -icis, pumice. See Pumice.]

1.

A fine powder, as of sandarac, or cuttlefish bone, -- formerly used to prevent ink from spreading on manuscript.

2.

Charcoal dust, or some other colored powder for making patterns through perforated designs, -- used by embroiderers, lace makers, etc.

Pounce box, a box for sprinkling pounce. -- Pounce paper, a transparent paper for tracing.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pounce (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pounded (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Pouncing (?).]

To sprinkle or rub with pounce; as, to pounce paper, or a pattern.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pounce, n. [Prob. through French, from an assumed LL. punctiare to prick, L. pungere, punctum. See Puncheon, Punch, v. t.]

1.

The claw or talon of a bird of prey.

Spenser. Burke.

2.

A punch or stamp.

[Obs.] "A pounce to print money with."

Withals.

3.

Cloth worked in eyelet holes.

[Obs.]

Homilies.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pounce, v. t.

1.

To strike or seize with the talons; to pierce, as with the talons.

[Archaic]

Stooped from his highest pitch to pounce a wren. Cowper.

Now pounce him lightly, And as he roars and rages, let's go deeper. J. Fletcher.

2.

To punch; to perforate; to stamp holes in, or dots on, by way of ornament.

[Obs.]

Sir T. Elyot.

 

© Webster 1913.


Pounce, v. i.

To fall suddenly and seize with the claws; -- with on or upon; as, a hawk pounces upon a chicken. Also used figuratively.

Derision is never so agonizing as when it pounces on the wanderings of misguided sensibility. Jeffrey.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.