"Post-trib" for short. The doctrine that "the Rapture" - that is, the physical ascension of all Christians into the air during the End Times (itself a doctrine derived from a literal reading of several different passages in the Bible, most particularly 1 Thessalonians 4:17) - will occur after the beginning of the seven-year tribulation, so that Christians will suffer through all or part of the global tyranny of the Antichrist.

See also pre-tribulation rapture.

Post-tribulation Rapture was, for thousands of years, an accepted teaching and interpretation on this "catching away" (as the English form "rapture" of the Latin word means) as opposed to pre-tribulation.

If one reads both of the Apostle Paul's letters to the Thessalonian Church, where during their persecutions, he, in the first letter, was encouraging them -- explaining that the Lord Jesus was coming to take them away from this horrible earth. The second letter had to add the disclaimer that these trials were not the same as the ones that come before the Lord's return.

He explains that the apostasy has to come first. This means that many will fall away from the faith. We have had 2000 years of Christian growth, even though some feel things are getting worse, so we see that whatever is in the end of the end times is going to be severe...and that is what Paul was conveying. He further explains that the "Man of Sin" must come, the one that sets himself up in the temple declaring divinity. Certainly Luke and Peter relayed Jesus' explanation of the end times in the Gospel of Matthew chapter 24. If in Revelation 13, this beast, this Anti-Christ is dominant, and it has to happen first, how can believers be whisked away.

The provision of being "kept from that hour" in Revelation's angelic letter to the Church at Philadelphia (Asia Minor) is through the firestorm, we are not told how. Paul also states in his 2Thess. letter that "...we who are alive and remain will also be caught up in the clouds to meet Him..." And this must be collated with Jesus' message in 24th chap. of Matt., "...and unless those days were cut short, no flesh would survive...", and "...those that endure to the end shall be saved..."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.