Polenta With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
It’s polenta. It’s easy. Just follow the directions on the package and use lots of butter, add grated parmesan, and don’t forget to stir and stir and stir. I like polenta very soft when served with a sauce or dressing. Serve with a bowl of the following sauce so that people can spoon a dollop or two onto their serving of polenta.

Drain and rinse some bottled roasted red peppers. Loosely chop and put into a deep mixing bowl. Add some roughly chopped garlic, fresh oregano and basil, fresh lime juice, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. With an immersion blender bring everything to a rough pulp, adding extra virgin olive oil as you do so.

Roasted Monster Mushrooms
Marinate the largest cremini mushrooms that you can find in shoyu (soy sauce), sesame oil, whole cloves of garlic, paprika, kosher salt and fresh black pepper. The longer that you marinate them the better.

Roast at high heat for fifteen to twenty minutes in an oven proof glass serving bowl.

Salad of Fresh Peas and Onions
This salad is tremendously colourful, flavourful, and fun. Remove the tougher stems and tendrils from pea greens.

Place them in a colander and pour boiling water through it. As soon as the pea greens wilt and darken, pour cold water through the colander and let the greens drain.

Slice a Vidalia onion into extremely thin half moons. Repeat the same process as with the greens.

Slice small yellow tomatoes into quarters. Seed and slice into half moons about half an English cucumber.

Shell as many peas as you can.

Combine all of the ingredients into a serving bowl.

Tear some fresh oregano leaves into the salad. Liberally lace with extra virgin olive oil and add some balsamic vinegar. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss well. Sprinkle with grated parmesan.

Would you like to go to Vegetarian Meals That Aren't Just Brown Gack?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.