Twin towers in downtown Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Built using crude oil and natural gas generated profits from Petronas. Currently the tallest building in the world.

At the base of these towers lies the KLCC, the Kuala Lumpur City Centre building/shopping mall and a reasonably nice park (with a big fountain) which is situated in the centre of the busy city.

Claim to fame: tallest buildings in the world, and featured in Entrapment, the movie starring Sean Connery & Catherine Zeta-Jones.

The Petronas Twin Towers are in Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia. Completed in 1996, they stand at a height of 452 m. I am told that they are now not the world's tallest buildings, but hey! - that was a pretty impressive achievement.

The design is clearly influenced by the Islamic geometric shapes - each floor plan forms an eight pointed star. The towers are joined by a double-decked Skybridge at levels 41 and 42 aka Sky Lobby. The view from here, I am told, is pretty good.

Following on from the Islamic theme, there is a 6-level crescent shaped shopping mall at the base of the towers, Suria KLCC (Kuala Lumpur City Centre). Very modern, very fashionable and definitely upmarket shopping. There is also a philharmonic concert hall nestled between the two towers at the podium level.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.