Percodan is, in short, a very powerful prescription painkiller. Its 2 ingredients are aspirin and oxycodone, an opiate. Oxycodone is a dangerously habit-forming drug also found in Percocet, Percodan-Demi, Roxyprin, OxyContin and Roxicodone. Oxycodone is similar to Hydrocodone, which is found in the drug Vicodin, but not the same. The only difference between Percocet and Percodan is the secondary analgesic. Percocet is oxycodone + Acetaminophen, and Percodan is oxycodone + Aspirin.

On the street, Percodan may be called percs and sold in yellow (5 mg.) or pink (2.5 mg) pills.

Percodan is a narcotic drug. When opiates are taken orally in large amounts, the user feels pleasure, then euphoria unhindered by hunger, pain, and sexual urges. The body feels warm and heavy and the mouth feels dry. Physical effects may include nausea, vomiting, insensitivity to pain, pupil contraction, increased urination, constipation, sweating, itchy skin, and depressed breathing.

With very very large doses the pupils contract to pinpoints, the skin is cold, moist and bluish, and breathing may slow to a complete stop resulting in death. Use of narcotics in combination with alcohol can be very dangerous.

Basically, this stuff is part of a class of drugs not to be messed with.

Source:
http://www.straightfacts.com/wwwpages/percodan.htm

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.