Imitation diamonds or other gems so finely designed to resemble genuine jewelry that only connoisseurs can distinguish the difference.

- american underworld dictionary - 1950

Kindergarden

it was the kind of white that crayola had only ever dreamed of creating
it smelled sweeter than any candy cane ever hung on a tree
it called to me
begged me to slide it through marker stained fingers
clinging to the roof of my mouth stronger than peanut butter ever could
allowed its minty goodness to last well into nap time
How I miss paste.

Paste (?), n. [OF. paste, F. pate, L. pasta, fr. Gr. barley broth; cf. barley porridge, sprinkled with salt, to sprinkle. Cf. Pasty, n., Patty.]

1.

A soft composition, as of flour moistened with water or milk, or of earth moistened to the consistence of dough, as in making potter's ware.

2.

Specifically, in cookery, a dough prepared for the crust of pies and the like; pastry dough.

3.

A kind of cement made of flour and water, starch and water, or the like, -- used for uniting paper or other substances, as in bookbinding, etc., -- also used in calico printing as a vehicle for mordant or color.

4.

A highly refractive vitreous composition, variously colored, used in making imitations of precious stones or gems. See Strass.

5.

A soft confection made of the inspissated juice of fruit, licorice, or the like, with sugar, etc.

6. Min.

The mineral substance in which other minerals are imbedded.

Paste eel Zool., the vinegar eel. See under Vinegar.

 

© Webster 1913.


Paste, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Pasted; p. pr. & vb. n. Pasting.]

To unite with paste; to fasten or join by means of paste.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.