Sir/Madam, I would be VERY carefull....

I've had an instance or two of this nature, & in either case, it did not end well @ all..
What happens is, in most circumstances, you slowly grow apart. your minor differences begin to grate against the relationship.
In the beginning, your differences brought you closer. It was something new, something fresh, something exciting.

But after awhile, you ask yourself, "how did I get into this?" In my case, the girl was in her own world it seemed...two people w/ different goals/plans in life. I was NTFS, & she was FAT(heh ;) Certainly nothing you'd want long term...

You care for her, but not in a way where you wish to remain with her forever. It is sad, yes...many times my heart yearns for hers....& if you're in a relationship like this, when you split...yours will too...& it will most likely never stop. But such is life...

This may or may not be of any help, 'tis only my ramblings based on my own personal experience

Sometimes this is a good idea. Many of the best marriages I've seen lately have been between, for instance, an introvert and an extrovert, or an athlete and a domestic engineer. The personality traits that one person lacks and envies are brought out by his/her partner, to the benefit of both.

However, if the envy and desire to change does not exist, problems will eventually result. If one half of a relationship is very involved in charitable activities and the other wishes to be, then both people are happy. But if the other partner thinks charitable activities are a waste of time and resources, there's going to be problems, and they'll only get worse as the relationship gets closer.

It depends on your priorities, on what's important to each of you. If you have opposite traits and qualities, but identical ambitions and goals, you should do great. If you have opposite ambitions and goals, however, then one day you'll find yourselves living your lives in opposite directions, and your relationship is going to rip right down the middle.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.