Did you know that this website is still going to be here like 18 years from now and people will still be able to see this stuff?

10:23am

Today I am not in a good mood.

Interesting that (I find) it is alway easiest to node daylogs when I find myself upset or annoyed. I usually resist this impulse, as I know, I hate reading through really annoying 'whimpery' daylogs. But today you can all suffer - preferably in your jocks.

Should I tell this faceless E2 all my sorrows? will it help? or should I just blithely go on remaining silent, yet grumpy. Yeah, that sounds good. I can then continue to scowl at work colleagues, and cringe when the boss walks by, proving to him, that I am daylogging and not fixing that fucked beyond repair Solaris box, that I said we shouldn't have unplugged in the 1st place.

I think (even though it's only Tuesday) that I will head to my cousins and play with the bees down there again this weekend. That should give me something to look forward to. Yes. it does. Immensely.

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens. brown paper packages tied up with string. these are a few of my favourite things. cheered up yet? no? hell knows I am! Julie Andrews where are you now? - perhaps that's the problem with the world today, we need Super Julie, the singing ex-nun, to come and take us (well me) across the mountains to Switzerland, so I can end my days, in a happy family reloading bullet cartridges. Hooray.

11:38am

well things can't get any more exciting. The buildings security went off, disabling everybodies swipe cards, and locking all the doors, to all the areas. I have been stuck in the computer room for an hour. I hate airconditioning. Wonder if I'd be able to get out if there was a fire.

atleast whilst I am stuck here I can't do any other work...

12:27am

I got bored, and hungry. I broke the door to get out. Nodoby had even realised I was in there, so they were a bit surprised at the computer room door flying open. heh :) small amusement there on my part.

The house is empty but for I and the gentle hum of my computer.

Today my SO has gone back to work after their two week long holiday. In two weeks I have become so used to their presence in the the house, that having them gone again is mind-numbing. The house is too empty, too bereft of their company. And this after only two weeks. I know I am lucky in that they will be back tonight, indeed they will be back every night after work. This emptiness will not last forever, and shall be over at the end of the day.

To those of you in long-distance relationships, I sympathise. If one day is emptiness, many months must be pain. Simple, exquisite, bitter-sweet pain.
May you all be with your loved ones again soon.

So I moved house on the weekend just past. After almost two years living in a pretty slummy part of town, we've moved up the hill to yuppie heaven hehe. Well, maybe not, but I have been amusing myself with that little fantasy, walking around our new digs as if I was Ricardo Montalban. The new place rocks hard. It was built by an award-winning kitchen designer, so the kitchen is absolutely to die for. And anyone who know's my dirty little habits at home will understand what a happy little Vegemite that makes me.

My new kitchen is a splendid vision in cobalt blue and honeyed timber. The range is a gas Smeg with a wok burner. Oven is electric fan-forced, sink is deep and wide and double, pantries (yep, I now have two pantries) are huge and exceedingly ergonomic, with little halogen downlights that click on when the doors open. Workspaces are deep and well surfaced. What else to say, but this is the kitchen (almost) of my dreams. I'm just so inspired to cook my best in this kitchen, which makes Gemma pretty happy all round!

The rest of the house is nice, not too big, with two bedrooms (we like guests), and another room for the office. The bathroom is almost as distinctive as the kitchen, but all sharp angles and geometrics. The garden is okay, but without a nice lawn, which being spring in the Southern Hemisphere, should be easy to rectify.

The move itself was fine, if tiring. I've spent the past fortnight packing boxes, so by the time the removalists arrived on Saturday morning, we were pretty well prepared.

In other news, Sneff came to Canberra to visit on the weekend (ack! terrible timing!) and we only had time to catch up for a coffee and a cake in Kingston. I'm looking forward to having some sushi with him and Dr Evil in Sydney on Friday night..

Now, what to cook for dinner tonight!

Daydream Visions

I woke up with you
In a house in the woods
on a dirt road
with memories of past lives.


"Be careful of all those people."
She cried the advice
From her car, driving away.

I blew her a kiss,but she didn't see.
Shadows spiraled around my feet as I walked away
face first into the stiff night breeze.

I'm following instinct into the forrest with tears in my eyes, and my feet bloodied and raw. I'm tromping through the underbrush, I'm launching through the atmosphere.
Just imagine the blue sky above the forrest canopy. I feel so alive, so close to the earth. Voices from dream-life derail my train of thought, giving me sweet memories.

Now I'm in bed, and the day is over, and I wonder what I did all day. Sometimes, when I'm ready to sleep, I forget the significance of my actions.
It's daylog time, time to assess your situation, Miles, make tomorrow mean it.
When specifying today's date with ISO format (20011002, see date formats) or American "short format" (10022001), today's date is actually a palindrome.

This is happening for the first time since December 31, 1321 (13211231/12311321). The next time is January 2, 2010 (20100102/01022010).*

(Yes, I have too much time on my hands...)

*) Disclaimer: I figured these ones out quite quickly, and there may be others I haven't thought of. Please /msg me if you find I'm wrong.

I had some thoughts here about 9-11, but they seem so stale now. Best forgotten.

My father had a heart attack today. Thankfully, it wasn't fatal, Though he isn't out of the woods yet. Tommorrow morning they're going to do a cardiac catherization. If there is only one blockage than they're going to do an angioplasty (sp?). If there is more than one blockage though... they're going to do open heart surgery; something that I'm not sure that my dad's in good enough shape to survive.

When it rains it pours

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.