Operating Thetan, or "OT," means a spiritual being, or thetan, who is able to operate with full awareness, memory and ability, independent of the physical universe. This is a goal sought by men for thousands of years. Operating
Thetan is a state of beingness above Clear. See scientology

Overtime.

This is the name given to extra play periods in some sporting events when the score is tied at the end of regulation play. Sometimes this is sudden death overtime, in which the first goal wins the game.

Overtime also refers to hours clocked by an hourly-paid employee beyond a regular schedule. Usually this means any hours more than 40 in a given week. Such overtime is usually paid at time and a half, meaning that 41st hour of work pays 1.5 times as much as the 40th.

Off Topic

Often used in the subject of emails or newsgroup postings to indicate that the content is not strictly relevant. This is normally done in an attempt to avoid complaints about the message (but rarely makes any difference)

Also sometimes used when taking an off-topic observation onto an otherwise ontopic message. Eg:

> Was Bob the founding member of the Raging Chickens?

Obviously, if you'd read the FAQ you would know that Bob didn't join the band until 1976.

(OT: Usenet isn't as good as it used to be, is it?)

Nigel

Ot is the Mongolian goddess of marriage, and the Queen of the Earth and fire.


The prefix ot- or oto- refers to the ear, as in otoscope and otology.


OT also stands for:
Object Technology
Occupational Therapy, Occupational Therapist.
Optimality Theory

OSU = O = OTOH

OT //

[Usenet: common] Abbreviation for "off-topic". This is used to respond to a question that is inappropriate for the newsgroup that the questioner posted to. Often used in an HTML-style modifier or with adverbs.

--The Jargon File version 4.3.1, ed. ESR, autonoded by rescdsk.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.