I give up.

I've tried to keep up with the latest Iron Noder challenge, but I can't do it any more.

It's not for want of words or ideas. There are TONS of writeups I want to write. It's the E2 server problem.

Every time I sit down to edit a writeup and prepare to hit the PUBLISH or UPDATE DRAFT button, my palms start to sweat, and it's a crapshoot if the E2 server accepts the changes or not.

Conventional wisdom is that you should always back up your work - copy it to your word processing application - but, really, that's no solution. If E2 wants to be a site for writers, there should be no uncertainty about its ability to journal entries and to save your words when you want.

Right now, one out of every three times I try to update drafts, a server crash happens. And with all of the funky HTML coding that's necessary for some of my mathematics writeups, the only place I can see what the final product looks like is here on E2. So I'm screwed. I have to edit and update here - I can't do it in a word processing application, because it doesn't have a reliable preview feature - but if I do my work here, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be screwed with a 500-level crash.

Unacceptable.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.