This is the weirdest dream I have had in a while.

The dream started with me driving in my car, although a car that I do not have, I knew it was "mine" in the dream.  It was a nice car, black.  I was driving down a desert road.  I met my parents at a hotel, and we carpooled to the place we were going.

We arrive at another hotel, and I find that this event is a wedding party, or a reaffirmation of vows.  Some old, overweight guy is marrying into my family.  He is asian, has a gravelly voice, thinning hair and a bumpy face like rolling hills, but not as pretty.  Everyone else in my family is some subset of caucasian.  The party was a blur in this dream, until the described man gives a speech.

He confesses his love, in an awkward way.  It is not pretty or thoughtful.  It is presented, like a bouchet of flowers with a note saying "here!".  He ends his speech with "I hope that was ok, or good".  Everyone claps, out of necessity.  My grandfather mutters something along the lines of, "That speech was horrible".  My grandmother then punches him hard once, and he falls to the floor.  He gets up a few minutes later and walks somewhere to watch TV.  I stand out of the way, confused, and somewhat shocked.

Sooner or later all hell breaks loose, although not literally.  Everyone is fighting, so I leave.  I teleport somewhere and get myself lost.  I proceed to get out my cell phone to call my mom, and find that when I try to search through my contacts using the number keys, all of the letters are in the wrong place.  For example, I clearly remember the number 6 key having the letters 'wefl' bound to it, and not 'mno', like it is supposed to be.  So trying to type 'Mom' is completely impossible, since I get the string 'Wfw' using the same sequence of number presses.  I gave up on typing 'Mom' and started to type 'Dad', which after studying the keys, required the number sequence 4-2-4 as opposed to 3-2-3.

The phone rang twice, and I woke up.

Notes from the Surf

Funny Unusual Goal Celebration v FC United
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOab7ytI_bE#t=11s
The sports equivalent of creating an account to upvote yourself.

Modern Warfare 3
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/ultra_realistic_modern_warfare
"Ultra-Realistic Modern Warfare Game Features Awaiting Orders, Repairing Trucks"

Like selling apples in the Great Depression
http://themessthatgreenspanmade.blogspot.com/2009/11/selling-apples-in-great-depression.html
"the ranks of day laborers standing on street corners in the morning are no longer restricted to recent immigrants and illegal aliens." 

Plutonomics
http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2007/01/08/plutonomics/
The nation’s top 1% of households own more than half the nation’s stocks... Kapur estimates that in 2005, the richest 20% may have been responsible for 60% of total spending... The best way... to survive... is to disregard the “mass” consumer and focus on the increasingly rich market of the rich.

Free market flawed, says survey
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/8347409.stm
"only 11% of those questioned across 27 countries said that it was working well... Almost a quarter - 23% of those who responded - feel it is fatally flawed. That is the view of 43% in France... there is very strong support around the world for governments to distribute wealth more evenly. That is backed by majorities in 22 of the 27 countries."

Goldman One-Ups Gordon Gekko, Says Jesus Embraced Greed
http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/2009/11/04/goldman-one-ups-gordon-gekko-says-jesus-embraced-greed/
"The great banks of the world have gone on a p.r. counteroffensive in Europe, and are sending spokescrooks in shiny suits into churches to persuade the masses that Christ would have approved of the latest round of obscene bonuses."

Bangladesh: Hundreds of women trying to get pay that's 3 months late turns into battleground of thousands
http://libcom.org/news/3-dead-garment-workers-clashes-unions-promised-new-role-04112009
Riot police kill 3, injure 100. 16 riot police injured, one critically.

Nepal Background
http://mikeely.wordpress.com/2008/04/09/gaurav-the-revolution-in-nepal/
"we liberated 80% of the population and we were running parallel governments... they... encircle a village, and kill each and every person they found... They killed the common people... we were not able to capture their big barracks. They were well fortified, especially with the help of US military experts."

France: Thousands of cleaners occupy 30 sites, including company HQ
http://www.anarchosyndicalism.net/newswire/display/45464/index.php
"they are doing so with the support of unions and other groups who have joined with them to denounce the exploitation of undocumented workers"

United Steelworkers / Mondragon: "unions will take matters into their own hands"
http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/viewArticle/23059
"Too often we have seen Wall Street hollow out companies by draining their cash and assets and hollowing out communities by shedding jobs and shuttering plants.  We need a new business model that invests in workers and invests in communities."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.