This meal is fun and fast. Chieu-Mein With Fresh Herbs.
Chieu-mein (chow mein) noodles are thin wheat noodles. Buy these fresh in Chinatown, if you can. They really only take around two minutes to cook in boiling water. Toss the cooked noodles in a sauce made from: Mirin (Japanese sweet cooking wine), Shiwan Rice Chiew (salted Chinese cooking wine), chili oil, finely chopped leaves of two kinds of Vietnamese mint and coriander, white pepper, minced ginger, the zest and juice of a lemon and a lime, roasted peanuts and almonds. The noodles were then tossed and garished with whole coriander and mint leaves.

Red-Cooked Mushrooms And Tofu
Choose large cremini mushrooms for this. Just clean them with a damp paper towel and place them in a pot. Add minced ginger and a whole clove of garlic. Cube some cotton tofu and add it to the pot. Toss in some roasted sesame seeds and a bit of white pepper. Pour in a generous amount of shoyu. Braise the mushrooms and tofu on high heat for around ten minutes.

Stir-Fried Fennel
Thinly slice fennel bulbs, red bell peppers, and cubanelle peppers. (You can use a mandolin or a food processor for this.) Stir fry for a few minutes. Season with shoyu and white pepper.

Would you like to go to Vegetarian Meals That Aren't Just Brown Gack?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.