A recurring strip in Brad Yung's Stay as you Are - a mini-compilation of samples and snippets from spoken or overheard conversation, ideas and particularly juicy ironic thoughts presented context-free for our amusement and consideration - found by many critics to be similar in many ways to Bill Griffith's Zippy the Pinhead strips, though Non-Sequitur Theatre doesn't bother with even the vestigial coherency of Zippy.

The text of a typical strip runs as follows:

PANEL 1:
What's the big fuss over the X-Files? It's just Scooby-Doo with real people.
PANEL 2:
Spackle the cracks in my heart, I'm ready for lovin' again!
PANEL 3:
Mercenary, missionary - same thing.
PANEL 4:
In the future, everybody will go to jail for 15 minutes.
PANEL 5:
Anything tastes good if you open your mouth wide enough.
PANEL 6:
BRAD: Me, a pessimist? I envy pessimists!

Concealed within each episode of Non-Sequitur Theatre is a special message hidden in the backgrounds and frame layout. Clearly I can't convey them in this abstracted transcription, but keep your eyes open for them.

Stay as you Are, Non-Sequitur Theatre and all quotes from it presented above are (c) Brad Yung. See Stay as you are for ordering information.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.