An excellent strategy RPG for the Nintendo Entertainment System of the late 80s. It was set in feudal Japan, and each player had a fief to manage and expand by conquest, alliance, and trickery. Details like managing rice production for your troops, several types of military units, natural disasters (woe unto him who gets flooded repeatedly...), battle scenes, and ninja spies made this game a huge time sink, and lots of fun to play at sleepovers until 6am. Named after Oda Nobunaga, a Japanese lord of historic significance.

One of the few strategy games created for the original Nintendo. The game was country based where you controlled a fief. The fiefs were defined and on the full map there were like 50 of them. The goal was to reunite mainland Japan as Oda Nobunaga had. One really cool aspect was that when you attacked another fief it went into a very nice battle mode. You controlled several units and could make some very important strategic decisions. Controlling your fief was also very complicated. You had control over many things and also had to watch your own health. The game's biggest problem was the AI. The fiefs controlled by the computer did not really play the game, but kept standard numbers for men/gold/rice/etc. that didn't change much. It was still great with friends though. Supposedly many versions of this game have been released in Japan, but I haven't seen or heard of any here in the States.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.