NYC MC Big Justoleum, formerly of Company Flow, and West Coast MC Orko Elohiem aka Orko The Sycotik Alien came together to record two albums they're calling the 'Nephlim Modulation Sessions', the first of which - Woe To Thee O Land Whose King Is A Child - was released in May 2003. It's that new style - politically and hyperspace conscious hip-hop.

Track listing for Nephlim Modulation Systems - Woe To Thee O Land Whose King Is A Child:

01. Please Disperse Immediately
02. Invisible Oblivion
03. Super Pretzel (Diplo Ramming)
04. Brave New World
05. Sleepy Hollow Systems Modulation
06. Ha Ha Ha Ha (x4)
07. Fendi Shoe To bend
08. Forward Transmission... Walk One Toilets
09. Bullets R Ejected
10. Super Pretzel (Big Signal Circus Freak Mix)

I travelled around the world and guess what everyone is thinkin',
the human race is takin small steps toward extinction.

This album is a bomb (exploding with every next newscast) - a bomb, a polemic, a gesture of seething rage at not just the Bush Administration, but the current world order. Protest samples, samples of speeches from Washington, samples from outer space, incongruence, weird beats, gattling gun lyrical delivery; experimental, abstract, futuristic hip hop gets angry and fuels itself with the rise of NeoCon rotbrains and waterheads to positions of influence all throughout the American power system. The powerfully charged speed of lyrical delivery is matched by the lyrical density - there is some tongue-twisting wordplay on this album. Too bad the lyrics come so fast that they're VERY tough to decipher. The speed of the lyricism detracts from the album as a whole. Sometimes it feels like they weren't even listening to the tracks when recording the vocals.

Note: Good luck deciphering the lyrics.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.