Nazareth Village attempts to give visitors to the town a flavour of what it would have looked like in Jesus' time.

The site is the only land left in Nazareth that would have been farmed by Nazareth villagers 2000 years ago.

Recent archaeological discoveries confirm walled terraces, watch towers, rock quarries and a wine press that date back to the first century.

Terraces have been reconstructed and vines and olive trees planted. Period houses are being built on the site and a synagogue (in 1st Century style) is now complete. When complete it will be a working village surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and terraced crops which will vividly illuminate the social patterns and farm practices that inspired many of Jesus’ parables.

A ‘Parable Walk’ has been created and which engages story-tellers to take visitors, as they walk over the land, back in time and share the words and actions of Jesus that changed hearts and the course of history. The presentation is available in English, Arabic, Hebrew and Russian (among others).

Museum and Media Centre The Nazareth Village has leased a building from the YMCA, adjacent to the site, and created a bridge to link the building to the ‘Parable Walk’. There is a small museum/media centre, and it is planned to have a study centre for on and off-site study and research.

Where is Nazareth Village? The Nazareth Village is located in Nazareth, the hometown of Jesus, about 60 miles north of Jerusalem and mid-way between the Sea of Galilee and the Mediterranean Sea. It is a 10-minute walk from the centre of old Nazareth. It sits on land adjacent to the Nazareth Hospital.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.