A statement made seemingly at random by the developmentally challenged Ralph Wiggum, 8-year-old classmate of Lisa Simpson in episode 1F17 ("Lisa's Rival") of the animated television series The Simpsons:

Lisa: Hey Ralph, want to come with me and Alison to play "Anagrams"?

Alison: We take proper names and rearrange the letters to form a description of that person.

Ralph: My cat's breath smells like cat food.

At one time this sentence was an easter egg hidden on the index page of the Chatham County government's intranet site. You could only find it by highlighting random places on the page with your mouse until you eventually stumbled across it. Or you could print the page out, but why on earth would anyone do that?

This sort of thinking seems to draw the attention of the Evil Dark Lord of Humorless Bureaucracies, because sure enough, one day some middle management type printed the page out and discovered the quote. She freaked out and her boss phoned the director of the IT department to storm and rage.

Fortunately, the Web designer, a college student who was liked by everyone in the department, was long gone so the Hammer of Justice didn't fall on him. When we heard the "news" we all frowned deeply, agreed that it was a very, very bad and wrong thing to do, said that it was a darn good thing we were rid of that irresponsible prankster, and took the offending quote away.

As far as I know, they still haven't found the dancing chicken.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.