I'll make you travel size!

Mr. Myron Reducto (occasionally referred to as simply Reducto) is a supervillain from the original "Birdman and the Galaxy Trio" half-hour series put out by Hanna-Barbera in 1967 that has seen new light on the absurdist cartoon comedy "Harvey Birdman, Attorney-At-Law" as a criminal prosecutor.

Mr. Reducto's power is, appropriately, the ability to shrink things down in size. In both of his appearances on the original action series, this power is well-used. In the first episode, he shrinks down the Statue of Liberty and takes it hostage; in the second episode, he shrinks down Birdman himself, pitting him against a large menacing cat, until Avenger, Birdman's trusty falcon, comes to the rescue. In both cases, Reducto was voiced by the talented Paul Frees.

Enter 2001 and the birth of Adult Swim, Cartoon Network's late-night foray into mature cartoons for potheads and intelligentsia. Most of the shows are based around the premise of transplanting failed Hanna-Barbera cartoons from years prior into more surreal and modern settings, and "Harvey Birdman" is no exception. Starring Birdman as an attorney for other Hanna-Barbera characters, Reducto's role as menacing prosecutor is exacerbated by the constant references to him being "small" (if you know what I mean, and I think you do.) Voiced by The Daily Show's Stephen Colbert, Reducto offers some hilariously hostile defensive statements when he isn't waving his Reducto-Ray around at anyone foolish enough to say something about his size. In short, catching Reducto is a delight for any fans of inferiority complexes, wacky humor, and shrink-guns.

I remember when I was a kid men with shrink-guns got respect!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.