Mr. Green. It's a "new Species" of sugar water given a persons name, a la Dr Pepper and Mr. Pibb; and there is a reason for that, but I'll get to that later.

It comes to us from SoBe, the same people who make those fantastic drinks with lizards on the bottles. Not content with fruit juice, sports drinks and overpriced energy drinks they have also given us pop. They unleashed it on the world on May 13th, 2002 and by shear chance I picked up a bottle on that very day (erm, this very day actually).

The bottle and the web site talk about it being "Energized with Ginseng". That's as may be, but it's also got (in order of appearance): Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup (and/or sugar), Carmel Color, Phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate, Gum Arabic, natural and artificial flavors, Caffeine, Calcium Disosodium EDTA, Panax Ginseng, Yellow 5 and Blue 1. As you can see, it contains more coloring than actual Ginseng, so I'm betting the effect is somewhat dubious (but I'm jaded by nature).

It's bottled by Pespi which, as with the name, makes sense because this stuff tastes pretty much the same as Dr Pepper, and looks the same (except for the green tinted bottle) and tastes a bit more mild than Mr. Pibb.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.