Jon Carter, born in East London 25 years ago, discovered in his teenage years the inspirational power of 808's, Kenny Dope, freakbeats, Schooly D, sex with other people, Dynamix 2, EMS Sythi's with the keyboards ripped off, building sites and The Jam. Adulthood saw relocation to Southampton, where Jon spent his formative years singing in an experimental rock 'n' roll band, Everybody Burns (for experimental, read they took loads of acid).

Around this time, Jon sharpened up by producing their insane, inane backing tracks. Everybody Burns collapsed and Carter moved on to London, engineering jungle records for the No U Turn label.

Early success came early in 1995 with his "The Dollar", recorded on the Wall Of Sound label as 'Artery' and being seen at old school Heavenly Social inside The Albany. Jon Carter joins the Heavenly label, his first release on H is "Blow The Whole Joint Up", which sounds like Public Enemy huffing Who records on a cheap ghetto blaster in Primrose Hill. "Blow The Whole Joint Up" is followed by "The Gimp", a limited 7" that points towards Jon's mad ragga future.

Jon, along with Richard Fearless became resident DJs at The Heavenly Social & sister club The Heavenly Jukebox. Following the Chemical Brothers lead, Jon selected and mixed the second "Live At The Social" compilation, making the ultimate summer party album.

In 1996 Carter remixed for artists such as The Prodigy (the unreleased single "Minefields"), Kula Shaker, and Supergrass (as yet unreleased).

Monkey Mafia in 1997 release "15 Steps e.p.", four tracks of breakbeat insanity including the track "Lion In The Hall".

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.