Merkaba

The word Merkaba is an ancient Egyptian term that is actually comprised of three different words:Mer, Ka, and Ba. Mer is a term that refers to a certain type of light understood by the Egyptians. This light, according to the ancient Egyptians, was two counter rotating fields of light found in the same space. These fields of light could be produced by a breathing in specific patterns. Ka is the essence or spirit of a person. In the non-physical world Ba is understood to be the spirit's perception of the realm in which they exist, and in the physical world it is the physical reality.

Ancient Egyptians studied sacred geometry very closely and even integrated it into their polytheistic and later monotheistic religion. Like the Buddhists they believed that meditation was the key to unification. This unification, according to the Egyptians, is Merkaba. It can be properly defined as a counter-rotating field of light generated from the spinning of specific geometric forms that simultaneously affects one's spirit and body. This counter-rotating field of light is a crystalline energy field that is comprised of specific sacred geometries that align the mind, body, and heart together. The meditation involved in attaining merkaba involves a 17-breath process and certain hand positions(refered to as murdas). This energy field that encircles our bodies usually extends about fifty-five feet. The Merkaba can fall into a poor state if neglected. Normally the field spins at the speed of light but when they are neglected they slow down and maybe even stop. It is actually only referred to as merkaba when it spins at the normal rate.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.