Born Melissa Joan Catherine Hart on April 18, 1976 in Smithtown, Long Island, New York, Hart is most popular in her role as Sabrina on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. Her parents are Paula (also her agent) and William Hart, and she has six siblings: sisters Trisha, Elizabeth, Emily, Alexandra and Samantha, and one brother, Brian.

Though the majority of her career consists of acting on Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, she's been in the acting business since she was four years old, starting with a commercial for a bathtub toy called "Splashy". Since then, she's been a member of New York's Circle Repertory Lab Company, working with actors like William Hurt and Calista Flockheart. She also acted in a show for Nickelodeon, called Clarissa Explains It All. She presently works on Sabrina, both on-screen and off; she, along with her mother, run Hartbreak Films, the show's production company. She's also acted in a big-screen teen movie, Drive Me Crazy. Additionally, she appeared in the Britney Spears video for Crazy, which was the theme song for the movie.

As far as music goes, she's also appeared on several CDs, including This is What Nana Means, and the Sabrina, The Teenage Witch soundtrack.

There was also a small controversy involving Archie Comics, the trademark owner of the Sabrina character, when Hart posed for Maxim magazine. The Archie Comics owner wished an apology for her "un-Sabrina-like" character, but no apology has been received as of yet. She presently lives with boyfriend Bryan Kirkwood, in New York.

Whoops. Forgot to cite sources: http://mjhfan.com/ and http://www.imdb.com, as well as the TV show Sabrina, The Teenage Witch itself.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.