Melanie Griffith (b. 9 August 1957) is an actress who oozes sexuality in her roles, which more often than not are in unremarkable movies, e.g. Bonfire of the Vanities, an awful movie that squandered the talents of the cast. In my opinion, her finest performance was in Nobody's Fool, with Paul Newman, Jessica Tandy, and Bruce Willis. She was also very nice to watch in the otherwise bland Milk Money. She earned an Oscar nomination for her part in Working Girl, which I haven't seen so can't comment.

Griffith was born in 1957 to Peter Griffith and actress Tippi Hedren. In 1973 she met Don Johnson whom she married and divorced in the course of a few years. Her debut was in Night Moves in 1975. She played the typical blonde bimbo in several movies before getting a more three dimensional role in Body Double. She has a child with actor Steven Bauer, but it's not clear to me if they were ever married. Melanie remarried Don Johnson in 1989 and redivorced him in 1996. That same year she married Antonio Banderas (makes sense, I guess). IMDB says that in November 2000, Griffith checked into a clinic to help her ween herself off of painkillers.

Reference: imdb.com. There was also a very bizarre website at www.melaniegriffith.com, which wasn't used here at all, but look it up if you want to join the Official Melanie Griffith Goddess Club. :-)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.