"Medazzaland" is Duran Duran's 9th and final release of new material on Capital Records (They went on to release "Pop Trash" on Hollywood Records in June of 2000). Released in 1997, it followed their ill-received collection of cover tunes, "Thankyou."

Though they return to their 1980's and synth pop roots with songs like "Electric Barbarella," Duran Duran shows its maturity and musical growth by creating moving songs such as "Who Do You Think You Are" And "Michael, You've Got A Lot To Answer For." Still, their ever-lasting sense of humor shines through in "Be My Icon" and "Undergoing Treatment."

Though "Medazzaland" can be considered a critical and commercial failure, in this writer's opinion the album is Duran Duran's finest effort to date. There's a song for every mood and feeling, and then some. Perhaps ahead of its time, "Medazzaland" might have been better received if today's record industry did not thrive on brainless pop singles and filler. But if anyone out there simply wants good, thought-provoking music, "Medazzaland" is one of your best options.


Track Listing:

  1. Medazzaland
  2. Big Bang Generation

  3. Electric Barbarella

  4. Out Of My Mind

  5. Who Do You Think You Are?

  6. Silva Halo

  7. Be My Icon

  8. Buried In The Sand

  9. Michael You've Got A Lot To Answer For

  10. Midnight Sun

  11. So Long Suicide

  12. Undergoing Treatment

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.