CS Chamber - Tear Gas - NBC

Today, me, SPC Magofna, and CPL Woodard conducted the NBC chamber for about 30 soldiers. We fill a chamber with Tear Gas and walk the soldiers in, who have their Pro Mask (Gas Mask) on. I have them break the seal of their mask, then reseal and clear it. Then we have them walk around in a circle, shaking their heads. At this point their exposed skin has started to burn. Then we stand by the back door. The soldier comes up, removes his mask, and screams his Name Rank Social and walks out the backdoor. Believe me, it's hard.

Ever try to smoke a cigarette coated with Tear Gas powder?

I have a question. This is a daylog? I logged what I did today. So why am I getting downvoted? ... .. That still makes no sense... okay..

Nero says re May 3, 2004: you are getting downvoted because you are involved in the milatary and thus don't agree with the vast majority of people who think that either 1. the US is bad or 2. the military is bad

Okay. I've been thinking about a response to all the people out there with this mindset.

What would you have me do? I'll tell you that before, I most likely would be in jail by now. The military offered me an outlet for what is going on with me. Plus this, I am an American and damn proud of it. While I may not always agree with political policy or action, I try to look at the positive, and I'll be damned if they don't outweigh the bad. When I go to other countries, and the downright... darkness, fear, filth... how could you think otherwise. I'm not a political man, I'm a man of action. The way I see it, I have chosen a side, for everyone in life must choose a path. I've chosen my suit, and I prefer to defend that with utter tenacity. It will be unfailing, and between you and me, anyone else that reads this, I don't feel I'll live a long life. My path is leading to adversity, but it's something different. Downvote me if you want, but maybe my passion scares you?

Haha, you know the only thing that separates "normal" functioning members of society and the very terrorists at question in today's culture? Politics. You can't tell me there isn't some stigma that has influenced most of you into supressing some of your more animal instincts. Much like sex, endlugence, bloodthirst. And before you criticize me, please listen, and try to understand. I embrace the animalistic side of humanity, and in this profession the only way to survive for sure is to be stronger and colder than the other. Like I said, we all have a place in life. Everyone fits into a category, subdivided into thousands of facets of diversity. That's what makes our world wonderous. I love my country. It's the wild west. But, it has a higher ideal, whatever that influence is.

Take Rage Against The Machine for example. They hate everything I am sworn to represent. They get murderers off of death row through Politics. They are no different than the same hippies that terrorized the families of soldiers fighting in desperate and lonely Vietnam. They are simply the evolution of that anti-establishment ideal. Why!? What does that solve? Where will the world go? Will free love and awareness feed my child? If it means I have to "work for the man", and he in turn will take care of me, why is he evil? Hell no, nothing but action. And we must ensure that we survive, and if that means somebody else has endangered that and must be terminated, well that's just how the universe works. It's so simple. Maybe I'm crazy, and I'm sure I am. But I have a purpose, and it will be realized. And if I survive, I will move on to my next assignment, raising my children and passing on to happiness, while my children began weaving their tales of humanity. Now who's ideas are more radical? Hate to burst your "I think outside the box" bubble. And my life is great.

I need a new idea, dammit! How do you write a node without ideas? Maybe I could write about Adaptation. Nah, too obvious. A node of noder's ideas that never went anywhere? Nah, too boring. I mean, what does one choose to write about, and why? Are all e2 users simply full of angst that they need to expunge? Or is it just a waste of time? A way for tired computer geeks with nothing to do to while away the hours with? Who knows? Who really cares? Not me, that's for damn sure. Ah hell, this node is going nowhere fast. I better quit while I'm ahead.

This weekend was an "okay" weekend. Except for the fact that I was mad at my mother, of course. I wanted to see my boyfriend but she wouldn't take me to his house. She told me that since I wanted to date, I needed to take the responsibility of dating. I hate when she says that cause, there is no way at all that I can get to him with out taking her car and she won't let me take it to his house. Being that I live in the county, the buses don't run out my way on the weekends.

I'm also trying to find a job, and that isn't going well at all. Every store tells me that they don't have any hours, or they just won't call me at all. I'm tired of being in the house with out money to spend on myself. I've applied to pet shops, restaurants, photo centers and many others, and I haven't found a job yet!

Happy Anniversary

Just slightly over the one-year anniversary of living together, my girl from Maine has finally decided to move further into her career as a Riding Instructor. She is now doing what she loves, and I am so glad to be seeing this. She also has a new 1986 Monte Carlo which was bought from a man whose father had passed away just last year. We travelled all the way to Port Colborne to see it. It was a great journey

These past few months have been the most character building months, and there will be more to follow. Now being self-employed has its great challenges. Persistence, perseverence and patience are the words to hold dear.

Some of the things that have happened:

  • My girl had a short encounter with her ex-boyfriend online. It seems that most demons come at a time when least expected. He was clueless about what he had done. This seems to be a theme with ex's.

  • Headed off to Maine once again in Christmas time. (Yeah, so what if I'm writing about it now.) It was still a memorable and worthwhile time to spend with quality people.

  • I started my second business as a web developer and I'm starting to build networks of people who have talent and skills to round out some services. Team-building is one of those skills I need to refine.

  • We are down to 5 cats from the 7 we had.

  • The Interbiz Business is solidifying. I am building my second organization.

  • Success is success is success! I am the local Chapter Director for SVTOA.

  • I hate Survivor.

    Here at Company X, it's a busy Monday, everyone working hard. The technicians propagate antigen, conduct quality control tests, assay various substances, run experiments, and so on. The sales force shows people around the ancient corporate campus in this apocryphal Boston surburb. The receptionists answer the phone, the managers smile, the scientists relax in their sheltered offices. Me, I'm in my cube. Avoiding work. There are so many things that I have to write, things with daunting names like "validation protocols", "development reports", "IACUC protocols", yet I can't bring myself to start. Oh joy. Technical writing has never been more fun.

    But sometimes, when you kick up your heels and decide that, screw it, the week's just started and that work can just wait, you become aware of certain ambient noises that drift over the charcoal gray cubicle walls and under that horrific corporate ceiling tile and fluorescent lights. The electronic trill of a phone, perhaps. The almost-subliminal thrum of the HVAC running. The sonic backdrop to the corporate environment, like birdsong in the country or the honking of horns in the city. I close my eyes and let it wash over me, a euphonic bath.

    Peace.

    But suddenly, then it happens: somewhere in the distance, someone is listening to Sugar Ray. This is usually bad enough, as Sugar Ray is-let's not mince words-complete and utter shit. But that's not the worst thing I hear. Oh, no, sir. From far away I hear a voice, so distant it's almost genderless (though I believe it's a woman's voice):

    "Can you believe that Shii Ann was voted off?"

    Then, a response: "What are Rupert and Jenna going to do?"

    Hold the fucking phone.

    I dig my fingers into the laminate plywood of my workstation, jaw tightly clenched in mind-blasting rage. Why? Why in God's name are these people talking about this?

    There is something wrong with America, something very deeply wrong. I'm sure that someone has already had a w/u about this, but honestly. When did people on television become more important than our own neighbors and friends? When was our sense of community finally sacrificed on the altar of entertainment? Yes, something is deeply flawed with our country--and no, it's not just GWB's ruinous administration. There's a feeling of being closed off that these sprawl-dwellers who watch Survivor and bring it up, well, all the time have yet to face. Driving their SUVs to work in the corporate park, then driving back home. The occasional stop at Wal-Mart. Not really going outside, nor making their kids go outside. They stay in, parents and kids both, getting fatter and paler. Their brains slowly melt into a gelatinous, tapioca-like ooze. They lose a sense of self and a sense of place, and lose their sense of functioning within a viable society. No, let the powers that be run everything. There's wicked things in this world, even right next door, but not here. Here, you are safe. Forget altruism. Forget interacting. Just passively accept everything. It's been a long day, and you're tired. So tired. So order that pizza, kick up your heels, and watch the pyschosocial mechanations that have been candy-coated and served up to you piping hot.

    Urban sprawl is truly the bane of our country. Most of our inner cities are in decay, with some lucky exceptions (New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco). People drive everywhere, never walking or interacting with each other anymore. Free time is spent in front of the tube, because people are "too tired" to go to a coffeehouse or library, or anywhere, mainly because it involves driving.

    So we stay in, and satisfy our wasted lives by watching what other people do instead of doing it ourselves. We live vicarously through the actions of others, especially on reality TV at its most scheming and Machiavellian. Survivor. The Apprentice. Big Brother. Even the gross-out fest that is Fear Factor. Why?

    It's time to take back the streets. It's time to get out there. It's a beautiful spring day. The leaves are finally out on the trees. Flowers are blossoming. Walk, don't drive, to the nearest store, if you need to go and can possibly foot the distance. And if you can't walk there, because it's too far away, then for God's sake, draft new zoning laws to you can. Read a book. Play a game. Have fun. Live life.

    Because on your deathbed, no one's going to want to talk about Survivor.

    Today at work I slipped and my right leg fell through one of the wells* in the grid today up to my waist. Luckily, I not only grabbed the ribbons* and escaped with just a little scrape; but managed to not poop myself.

    The thing that makes this bizzare was this morning I was discussing with one of my buds the fact that the Insurance actuary:actuaries (the guys who do risk assesment) figure on two deaths during the load in period.

    This didn't bother me all day, but then I fell asleep during the overtime intermission of the hockey game tonight and had a nice solid 15 minutes of falling nightmares, complete with waking up just as I hit the ground in a nice cold sweat (Which is odd considering it's about 85 degrees right now.)

    Luckily, I again refrained from pooping myself. More luckily, I woke up in tome to watch Calgary end Detroit's season.

    It did, however, bother me immensely.

    * Definitions: Grid: Top floor of a theatre, where they hang all the stuff from. Ours is 89' above stage level, plus another 50' to the bottom of the lift pit, which is open to the middle 50% of the stage area.

    Ribbon: 2" wide steel beams that make up the floor of the grid. There are 2" gaps between them.

    Well: 12" gaps in the grid, spaced about 12' apart. These are just big enough for a non-fat guy like me to slip thtough.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.