The world famous Belle Epoque restaurant on the Rue Royale in Paris. Opened in 1893 by a waiter named Maxime Gaillard, it quickly became the place for the elite in Paris. Featured in Lehar's operetta The Merry Widow (Die Lustige Witwe) and in the musical Gigi, it is a place of opulent decor and famous service.
There are three main areas in Maxim's:
In 1981, Maxim's was bought by designer Pierre Cardin.
Maxim's was also famous for its dancing girls, or Grisettes.