Better known as the MARC, this is a set of train lines created to serve commuters traveling throughout Maryland. The Penn line provides service to central and northeastern parts of the state, the Camden line runs along the Baltimore-Washington corridor, and the Brunswick line goes all the way out to West Virginia. There are 81 trains every weekday, composed from a fleet of 32 engines and 102 cars. Fares range from $3.25 to $11.50 one-way, and both weekly and monthly passes are available.

There are 40 stations in the MARC system:
Penn Line - operated by Amtrak - Perryville, Aberdeen, Edgewood, Martin State Airport, Penn Station, West Baltimore, Halethorpe, BWI, Odenton, Bowie State, Seabrook, New Carrollton.
Camden Line - operated by CSX - Camden Station, St. Denis, Dorsey, Jessup, Savage, Laurel Racetrack, Laurel, Muirkirk, Greenbelt, College Park, Riverdale.
Brunswick Line - operated by CSX - Martinsburg, Duffields, Harpers Ferry, Brunswick, Point of Rocks, Dickerson, Barnesville, Boyds, Germantown, Metropolitan Grove, Gaithersburg, Washington Grove, Rockville, Garrett Park, Kensington, Silver Spring.
All lines - Union Station.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.