Yesterday a neighbor of mine stopped by to see how I was doing. She had noticed that I wasn't returning calls and texts as promptly as I had in the past (which made me wonder if I spend more time chained to my phone than I think that I do) and wanted to drop off some things I had loaned her, most of which I hadn't remembered which was also slightly scary. We sat in the kitchen before we made our way into the living room. It was really nice hearing her perspective on things. She sees the world differently than I do, we have some similar qualities, but different personalities. She's an absolute sweetheart and I hope I'm the kind of friend that she needs in her life even when I'm flaking out and oversleeping.

It snowed yesterday so I put my boots on and went out to shovel. One to three inches had been predicted, we probably got twice that, but I didn't mind since the snow was so light and powdery. I kept meaning to buy salt for the driveway, my neighbor stopped by with some so I mixed that with sand and spread it out after I had cleared most of the snow. Thankfully the sun was out, I have a few icy patches left, but the majority of my drive is clear and ice free. I had to go back out after the first pass, it's good exercise, I don't ever really fling snow, I push my shovel across the concrete and don't worry about the residual snow I leave behind. I try to keep up on it since it's a very intimidating project if I don't as our driveway is long and wide.

I've been reading Pain Free by Pete Egoscue, a book I highly recommend to anyone and everyone since he has an authoritative grasp on what causes pain and some hard truths for the owners of bodies. You have to do the work yourself. There's no getting around it. It's taking me a while to get into it, I don't know why since I love what he says, I'm probably lazier than I'd like to think myself although I've been doing his e-cizes for weak ankles which have shown me how bad mine really are. In the book he has a case study that reminds me of myself. A woman fell and shattered her ankle after stepping on a magazine. His argument is that stronger ankles would have reduced or eliminated the injury, and I'm inclined to agree.

I woke up at six when my alarm went off, convinced myself to get up out of bed, drank some water, and laid back down on the couch. I didn't know if I would be able to fall back to sleep, but I did. I had a dream about the neighbors, for some reason I was wearing an orange suede suit to watch her kids. She had a new orange van, and her husband came home to tell a kid that I don't remember seeing earlier in the dream that so and so had been speaking at whatever event he had been attending. I didn't take anything for sleep last night so I woke up several times, the first time around three, and another time, but I don't have a clock in my room so I couldn't say when that was. Overall I felt and feel pretty good, but I'm still tired at ten, don't know what that means if anything. I really need to buy groceries, but at least I did some laundry and the dishes yesterday which is progress in my book

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.