Long ago, ancient artists and students of the qualities of light established that black is the absorption of all colors, and white the reflection of them. Purple, however, was only a variation of black, with a taste for absorbing more green than red or blue. The Phoenicians, in their quest to write an alphabet, ordered a separation of purple from black, because purple would provide a much more festive dye for their celebration of the creation of an alphabet. Upon siphoning the purple and watching it stick slimily to the black, they realized the necessity to postpone the celebration in order to sever the two colors.

Scientists and philosophers of all kinds were summoned to find a method for separating the two colors. One blacksmith, by the name of Gwea, who was neither ill-willed nor philanthropic, had previously tinkered with an idea that he now thought might work. Combining his experience with the black metals and the white-hot fires he used to forge, he invented a device that cleaved colors. The imprint left from the device was a combination of black and white, and it edged everything it touched. The device, as well as the mix of black and white, the Phoenicians named after the maker.

The color, now called gray, referred to the mix of black and white and of malice and benevolence, after the characteristics of Gwea. The Phoenicians were soon able to carry out their celebration, in which they adorned the few, the wealthy and the powerful, with violet, and the masses with gray. At the time, both classes were esteemed equally. But the Phoenicians were a humble culture, and decided that the alphabet and only one color, their original intent, would follow them through history. Gray, however, was attributed to no one in particular. This was a shame, though, because the Phoenician "gray" tied the meaning to that of "soul."

Of extremes, poles, and dualities, the soul is an immense compromise. Conveyed in color, the soul is the compromise of black and white, and, as the Phoenicians found, black and purple: gray. On the love-hate-indifference triangle of extremes, no one person has ever been found to possess only one of the three completely. The most evil person might hate everyone, everything, ever, but he would find pleasure in his own malice. The most loving person towards every being would feel some mild indifference towards a mosquito bite on the ankle, rather than annoyance.

Behind all words are meanings that were not intended by the original authors, but are the touches of gray we give to them. People hold differing opinions because of the mixing of other beliefs around them. Any integration into personality is a swirling of extremes, creating infinite grays. What makes soul-possessing beings individual is the intertwining of elements that create the spirit. In procreation, some essence of each parent is transferred to the offspring.

From the first creatures, which may have been extremes, grays became the accepted norm. Few reports have been made concerning total extremes in anything. As far as credible research has shown, extremes no longer exist. The Phoenicians, after discovering gray, assigned scholars to study the topic, but only in the past forty years has thought been again applied to the subject. Perhaps in some far point in the universe no integration may take place, but studies have yet to find that point.

The word "gray" is only half of a pair of meanings. Phoenician scientists recognized this, but did not fully contemplate the possibilities of the other half. Sir Gerry of Sussex, a little-known theorist, found in the 18th century that the other part of the duo is "grey". The two are most often considered the same hue, but close examination shows that grey has more of a faded silver color. In different worlds, species, cultures, and even individuals, the same extreme may be labeled a positive or negative quality. Thus, gray becomes even more indefinite. Gray is a result of more positive, or additive qualities than negative; grey comes from more subtractive qualities. Research has not found if the color itself, or if the interpretation of the color, changes because of different values, morals, or ethics. Some hypothesize that the interpretation of gray may change for an individual over his lifetime as his ideals transform; this has not been explicitly proven, but most who have studied the subject agree that the possibility is large, if not completely true.


This is a only legend and my not be historically correct. I just posted it as a daylog, so whatever.
Your Bed is quite possibly the single most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. It has that the distinct ability of being able to swallow a human like one of those fictional venus fly traps.

On more than one occasion I can be standing in your room, and I'll hear its siren's call, beckoning me to crash inside of it, bury my head in the pillow and drift off.

There is nothing special about it really. I used to live in the same dorm and my bed was not nearly as comfortable. You claim its the egg crate along with the mattress pad that makes it so damned comfortable, but I think it's something deeper. It goes beyond the pile of soft hooded sweatshirts that constantly resides on it. It goes beyond your body pillow. It goes beyond your roommate being the single most quiet person in the world. It goes beyond those amazingly comforting comforters. I don't even think it's something in the sheets.

Its you. Its your smell. Its knowing that every day after you have left Spanish that I can hold your hand on the way back to your dorm and eventually crash in that comfortable monstrosity. I can stare at the Salvador Dali poster at my feet, try not to lean against that tapestry you have to my left, and if I get bored debate with myself whether or not Incubus is a good band to have hanging above me.

Most of all however, it's knowing that in roughly forty-five minutes you will be waking me up. You always find a creative way to do it. You never just say my name. You touch my arm, or scratch my palm. Today you tugged on my finger.

I get to open my eyes, and see you. Even if you aren't in the bed with me. That is what makes that bed so freakin comfortable.

Ok, so, I'm in Laos. It's my second time now, but that is not what this is about.

About a month ago in Bangkok I got myself a dandy new shiny Belta laptop computer. 512MB RAM, 40 Giga Hard Disk and a 12 inch screen. I bought it at the Pantip Plaza and got lots of cheap software for it. It's amazing what you can do with 100 Baht sometimes.

I got Encyclopedia Britannica on 3 CDs.

I got Chinese (Mandarin) learning Software

Microsoft Office. A couple games. Skype.

I even installed Home Designer, Adobe Acrobat Writer and some PC DJ thingie.

So the point is.... like... where can I buy an e2 DVD in Thailand?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.