Man on the Moon is a film released in 1999. Directed by Milos Forman. Written by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. Players: Jim Carrey, Danny DeVito, Coutney Love, Paul Giamatti, George Shapiro, and many more.

Hello, my name is Andy and this is my movie.

A movie about the life of comedian Andy Kaufman played by Jim Carrey.

Being young enough that I don't remember all the antics of Kaufman I can't comment on how well Jim Carrey played him. I did like this movie, and this is a review of the character portrayed in this movie not Andy's life.

I like the way he messed with people. One of my favorite scenes was when he read The Great Gatsby to a bunch of college students after they started chanting for Latka. Andy definitely did things differently from everybody else. Comedic genius? Maybe. I didn't find everything funny, I did enjoy most of it. I liked his philosophy that people take things too seriously and need to lighten up. The inter-gender wrestling champion was hilarious, I found it hard to believe people took him so seriously from the get go. It built up to a great climax, in fine pro-wrestling tradition, with the match with Jerry Lawler (himself). The scene were Andy comes to the stage after Lawler's fantastical entrance with only a sparkler carried by Bob Zmuda (Paul Giamatti) was awesome.

If you liked Kaufman you should definitely see this movie. If you hated Kaufman you should probably see this movie.

I'll give it 3.5/4.0.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.