When tasked with making breakfast for a groggy, hungover Montag, and faced with an enormous reluctance to venture out into the harsh light of day, I decided to whip up a meal based on whatever we had lying around the house. What I came up with was surprisingly edible. Montag dubbed them "man-crepes," and the name stuck. (Although I personally think Man Crepes should be studded with bacon, and possibly gun powder.)

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups of self-rising flour
1 Egg yolk
8 oz. beer
pinch of salt
dash cayenne pepper

Filling
1/3 pound ground beef
1/4 medium yellow onion
two cloves garlic chopped
1/2 leek sliced
salt and pepper to taste
2 oz. runny cheese like tallegio, sliced

For the crepes, mix dry ingredients. Make a well in the flour mix and drop in egg yolk. Mix together with a fork. Add beer to mixture slowly, gently whisking it in, making sure not to beat. Mixture will bubble slightly, allow froth to subside and continue to add beer. Mix ingredients thoroughly, but without beating, some lumps are okay, and allow to rest 15 minutes.

For the filling: heat a small lump of butter or oil in a skillet on medium heat. When oil is hot, but not smoking, pour in batter in as thin a layer as you can manage. When bubbles appear on top of crepe and edges begin to brown, turn over using spatula or fish slice. You should be able to make between four and six crepes.

Heat one tablespoon of oil in skillet, then sweat onions and leeks on medium heat until translucent, add chopped garlic and cook for about another forty five seconds until fragrant. Add ground meat to vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste. Brown mixture over medium heat. Once filling is done, spoon over crepes and top with sliced tallegio, allowing it to become a delightful, gooey mess.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.