Mallow is a character from Super Mario RPG, the second one to be introduced. He initally joins your party to get back a coin that was stolen from him. He stays when he learns that, although he was raised by Frogfucious, he is not, in fact, a frog. It is later discovered that he is the prince of Nimbus land, a less-than-shocking plot turn.

His usefulness wanes as the game progresses, and once Bowser joins the party, he can be relegated to the sidelines. I like his psychopath spell best, which tells you how much hp your enemy has left. This can be nice on some of the tougher bosses.

When he casts a spell, he jumps out of his pants. Also, it rains whenever he cries. His preferred weapon is the cymbol.

Mal"low (?), Mal"lows (?), n. [OE. malwe, AS. mealwe, fr. L. malva, akin to Gr. mala`chh; cf. mala`ssein to soften, malako`s soft. Named either from its softening or relaxing properties, or from its soft downy leaves. Cf. Mauve, Malachite.] Bot.

A genus of plants (Malva) having mucilaginous qualities. See Malvaceous.

⇒ The flowers of the common mallow (M. sylvestris) are used in medicine. The dwarf mallow (M. rotundifolia) is a common weed, and its flattened, dick-shaped fruits are called cheeses by children. Tree mallow (M. Mauritiana and Lavatera arborea), musk mallow (M. moschata), rose mallow or hollyhock, and curled mallow (M. crispa), are less commonly seen.

Indian mallow. See Abutilon. -- Jew's mallow, a plant (Corchorus olitorius) used as a pot herb by the Jews of Egypt and Syria. -- Marsh mallow. See under Marsh.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.