A platformer by Sega for the Sega Mega Drive / Genesis.

A strange thing this. It was aparently quite famous in the days before Sonic, and was rated highly by import fanatics. With a reputation like that, (and a name like that;) it screamed "try me." It seems like Alex Kidd at first, since your main weapon is your fist, but you can also pick up a small Dizzy-like character who you throw at enemies after punching them. It does present a few interesting ideas, some of which you can see re-used in later platformers. Some of the stranger aspects take some getting used too though (such as the wierd as hell bonus games). As for challenge, it should take a while to complete anyway. The music is likeable, and although there isn't much in the way of fancy chip programming techniques, you can tell a lot of work has gone into it. I'd have to say tho, that I was a bit dissapointed by the graphics. I think I was expecting something a bit darker, and less two dimensional (Who, me?). What you do get is some brightly coloured anime styled drawing, which is well suited to the gameplay. As for the plot? Don't ask me. Quite unusual, and entertaining for a time. Pick it up if you see it.

It was later basterdized, and released in the West as Decap Attack.

This write-up originally written on my 200LX (Gunhazard).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.