Type: DI Box
Manufacturer:Jim Dunlop
Inputs/Outputs: 1/2

Controls:

Basic Controls
Bass
Mid
Treble
Effects Footswitch
Distortion Footswitch
Clean Channel
Volume
Color Button
Distortion Channel
Volume
Blend
Gate Button
Trigger Knob
Gain Knob

Description:
This is a compact preamp/pedal/DI box that is a great supplement to any bassist's unique sound. Incorporating its own 3-band EQ, separate Distorion Channel, Noise Gate for said channel and Color control, this box gives any musician the power to shape and control his tone easily and powerfully.

With an XLR output and an additional parallel output, the user can run the box straight to a mixing board or recorder, or to a separate amp or tuner. Built like a rock of strong metal casing, it can survive on the toughest of stages taking as much abuse as can be offered.

This stompbox is used by many professional musicians, such as Robert Trujillo of Metallica and Chris Chaney of Jane's Addiction.

For those of you less familiar with the live and studio applications of a DI Box, let me inform you. A DI box can serve two purposes: the first to provide a boost to the instrument's signal via a powered preamp (which just puts more current through the cable and gives you an EQ before you get to the amplifier) and the second to allow an interface to connect directly to a PA system or recorder without acting instead of an amp. The XLR output is an advantage over the normal, Mono output, because it is balanced (meaning it has left and right stereo channels giving it a fuller sound) and is grounded, helping prevent electrical discharge.

For the working bassist, this is indispensible. It allows a bassist to take a gig of nearly any size that has a house PA system without having to spend money on a big amp to carry his sound. When recording, a bassist no longer has to worry about carrying his amp to the studio (unless he wants his amp's sound on the track,) and doesn't have to deal with the usual problems of background hiss. If the bassist would like to use his amp anyway, the parallel output on this pedal allows him to connect to his amp, an additional amp, and a PA or recording system.

Information gathered from personal experience

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.