Loviisa (Lovisa in swedish) is a harbour city with appr. 7600 dwellers at shore of Baltic Sea 90 km from Helsinki due east.
It was founded at 1745 when area was parted from Pernaja. It was found for border and fortress town and named after Lovisa Ulrika, the queen of Sweden.
Still today there are old foresses from 18 th century to remind about history but nowadays it's most known about the first nuclear plant in Finland.

Log in or registerto write something here or to contact authors.