Back to the Dim Sum metanode

Very tasty. This is a bun stuffed with mashed lotus seed, so the texture of it resembles a very thick cream. It is insanely fragrant, and tastes marvelous. It is served mostly in a one-two combination with the steamed pork buns. There are many variations to this, including dark lotus, light, with or without the egg yolk in the middle, etc. It doesn't matter, they all taste great. I prefer the dark type personally.

Ingredients Watery Case Ingredients

  • 240 g. flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tablespoon cooked lard
  • 1/2 cup water
Lardy Case Ingredients Stuffing Cooking
  1. Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar of the watery case ingredients well, sieve the mixture twice, add lard to knead well. Place them in a pan, pour water in several times, knead them until smooth, cover the pan with a wet towel to raise the dough for 20 minutes, take it out and divide it into 16 portions.
  2. Mix the flour and lard well by kneading it and divide the dough into 16 portions.
  3. Steam fat pork until cooked and cut it into small dices; deep-fry olives; then mix pork dices, olives and mashed lotus seeds well. Divide the mixture into 16 portions.
  4. Wrap a lardy case in a watery case, knead them into a round ball, roll it out, roll it up into the shape of a cylinder, roll it out flat again, knead it round once more, nip it into the shape of a cup, wrap the stuffing in, press the bun slightly flat, attach a piece of square paper to the opening side of the bun turned over, lay all the buns in the steamer and steam them above boiling water over high heat for 15 minutes.
  5. Serve it up.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.