Liv Rundgren was born in Portland, Maine on July 1, 1977. She is the daughter of model and former rock groupie Bebe Buell and lead singer of Aerosmith Steven Tyler. Liv attended New York University where she majored in Film (attending night classes in 1997). She has blue eyes, brown hair and is 5'10" tall. She married Spacehog musician Royston Langdon on March 25, 2003.

Liv always believed that her father was musician Todd Rundgren, who her mother had a long-term relationship with and who helped raise her. Although her birth certificate stated that Rundgren was indeed her father, a 10-year-old Liv became suspicious after meeting Aerosmith's Steven Tyler at a Rundgren concert, and even more suspicious after seeing Tyler's daughter Mia, who resembled her greatly, at an Aerosmith concert. Liv confronted her mother about the topic and her mother told her the truth, that Steven Tyler was her father and that Liv was the product of an 8-month relationship between Tyler and Buell. Liv made her biological father's name (Tyler) her own at the age of 12.

At 14 she and her mother left Portland, Maine for New York, where she got her start as a model. Liv appeared on the covers of magazines like Seventeen, YM and Mirabella. Her first appearance in a form of mass media was co-starring with Alicia Silverstone in her father's music video for Crazy. She made her film debut in 1994 as the sister of an autistic boy in Bruce Beresford's Silent Fall and later went to appear in Heavy (1995) and Empire Records (1995). Her breakthrough came when she starred in Bernardo Bertolucci's Stealing Beauty (1996). After appearances in U turn (1997), she stepped into the realm of big budget box-office hits with her role as Bruce Willis' daughter and Ben Affleck's girlfriend in Armageddon (1998).

Liv went on to movies such as Cookie's Fortune (1999), Plunkett & Macleane (1999), and co-starring with Ralph Fiennes in Onegin (1999). She also appeared in Dr. T & the Women (2000) and One Night at McCool's (2001) before signing on to roles in the film adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien's trilogy The Lord of the Rings.


Trivia:

Liv's mother named her after Liv Ullmann because she was on the cover of TV Guide the week Liv was born.

During filming for 'The Lord of the Rings', Liv left her pair of prosthetic ears on the dashboard of her car. When she returned, they had melted.

She had trouble with her lines in Elvish and was unable to film a whole scene in one go, instead having to learn the dialogue one line at a time for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.


Awards and Nominations:

1997 - Nominated for a YoungStar Award for Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama Film for: Stealing Beauty (1996)
1999 - Nominated for a Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Actress - Sci-Fi for: Armageddon (1998)
1999 - Nominated for a MTV Movie Award for Best Female Performance for: Armageddon (1998)
1999 - Nominated for a MTV Movie Award for Best On-Screen Duo for: Armageddon (1998), Shared with: Ben Affleck
1999 - Nominated for a Razzie Award for Worst Screen Couple for: Armageddon (1998), Shared with: Ben Affleck
1999 - Nominated for a Razzie Award for Worst Supporting Actress for: Armageddon (1998)
1999 - Won the Critics Award for Best Foreign Actress for: Onegin (1999)
2002 - Nominated for the Actor Award for Outstanding Performance by the Cast of a Theatrical Motion Picture for: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001), shared with the cast.
2003 - Nominated for the DVD Premiere Award for Best Audio Commentary, New Release for: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001), Shared with the cast. For the Extended Edition.
2003 - Nominated for the Actor Award for Outstanding Performance by the Cast of a Theatrical Motion Picture for: Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002), shared with the cast.



Filmography:


Actress:

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The (2003) .... Arwen
Jersey Girl (2003) .... Maya
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002) .... Arwen
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The (2002/II) (VG) (archive footage) .... Arwen
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, The (2001) .... Arwen
One Night at McCool's (2001) .... Jewel
Dr. T & the Women (2000) .... Marilyn
Onegin (1999) .... Tatyana Larina
Cookie's Fortune (1999) .... Emma Duvall
Plunkett & Macleane (1999) .... Lady Rebecca Gibson
"Hercules" (1998) TV Series (voice) .... Asteria
Armageddon (1998) .... Grace Stamper
Can't Hardly Wait (1998) (uncredited) (voice) .... Voice of Gum Girl
U Turn (1997) .... Girl in bus station
Inventing the Abbotts (1997) .... Pamela Abbott
That Thing You Do! (1996) .... Faye Dolan
Stealing Beauty (1996) .... Lucy Harmon
Empire Records (1995) .... Corey Mason
Heavy (1995) .... Callie
Silent Fall (1994) .... Sylvie Warden



Herself:

Making of 'The Lord of the Rings', The (2002) (V) .... Herself/Arwen
Making the Movie (2002) (TV) .... Herself
National Geographic: Beyond the Movie - The Lord of the Rings (2001) (TV) .... Herself/Arwen Undómiel
Passage to Middle-earth: Making of Lord of the Rings, A (2001) (TV) .... Herself
Quest for the Ring (2001) (TV) .... Herself/Arwen Undómiel
Franky Goes to Hollywood (1999) .... Herself
71st Annual Academy Awards, The (1999) (TV) (uncredited) .... Herself
Aerosmith: Big Ones You Can Look at (1994) (V) .... Teenage Girl (video 'Crazy')


Notable TV Guest Appearances:

"4Pop" (2003) playing "Herself" in episode: "Taru lehdistön herrasta" (episode # 1.4) 26 January 2003



Sources:

http://www.imdb.com/Bio?Tyler,%20Liv
http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_60/81c_liv_tyler.html
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hc&id=1800019265&cf=biog&intl=us
http://www.eonline.com/Facts/People/Bio/0,128,34920,00.html
http://www.celebritywonder.com/html/livtyler.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.