Simple, light and fresh summertime recipe. The zucchini-shrimp combination sounds odd but is delicious.
- 1/2 pound fresh medium shrimp, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound green zucchini, julienned (2 inches by 1/4 inch)
- 1 cup fresh tomato sauce (Warning! Don't use sauce with milk or cream in it, it will curdle in the pan!)
- 3/4 pound dried linguine (fresh is also good, if you have: amounts can be to taste, some like more sauce)
- Freshly grated Parmesan to taste
- Heat a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil for the pasta.
- Place the peeled shrimp in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste and 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Grill the shrimp over high heat about 1 minute per side, until opaque and lightly charred. (Do not overcook or they will be rubbery)
- Heat a medium-size frying pan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, the garlic, and the zucchini. Saute until the zucchini is tender.
- Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Cook the pasta al dente, drain, and return to pot.
- Add the grilled shrimp to the simmering sauce and cook for 1 minute.
- Toss sauce with the drained pasta and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Courtesy of The Frugal Gourmet, comments by Amadaun