I was sitting in my kitchen wanting to make a cake or some muffins, but when I took a look in the fridge I had no milk! But I did have 2 types of yoghurt and some lemons so I made these muffins. I love them, and I think you will to!

Ingredients

Muffins

  • 3 Tbs of sweet plain yoghurt ('Jalna' brand Swiss creamy custard yoghurt is what I used)
  • 5 Tbs of honey flavoured yoghurt
  • Small hand full of processed bran
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 6 Tbs self raising flour, sieved
  • 1 egg
  • 4 almond flavoured biscuits
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • Icing

  • 4 Tbs Philadelphia cream cheese
  • Rind of 1 lemon, grated
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
  • 2 Tbs icing sugar
  • Method

    Put 3/4 of the self raising flour into a mixing bowl then fold the honey yoghurt into the flour with a spatula. Next add the juice of 1/2 a lemon and mix well. Pour the plain yogurt into another mixing bowl; sieve the rest of the flour into the yoghurt and mix. Add the bran and the egg, then whisk it all together and set aside. Next break the biscuits in half and divide evenly into a muffin tray and pour the mixtures into the muffin tray evenly and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place the tray into preheated 180 °C (360 °F) oven for approximately 15 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from the oven when cooked and place on wire rack to cool.

    Icing

    Place the cream cheese, lemon rind, lemon juice and sugar into a bowl and mix well. When the muffins are cool spread on top and enjoy.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.