1971 album by Led Zeppelin. If you don't know Stairway to Heaven you may as well crawl back under your rock; however, there is some terrific blues here too, that doesn't get much airplay on classic rock radio. Oh, and Evermore is a must for you hobbit-huggers out there.

Album sometimes referred to as "Four Symbols" or "Zoso" because its official title is a series of four symbols representing the four members of the band, one of which appears to be the word "Zoso." Zeppelin had to supply the symbols to Billboard magazine so that the album could be listed on the charts. But with the previous albums Led Zeppelin I, Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III, most people didn't bother with the symbols when speaking of the fourth album.

... is not an album by Led Zeppelin. Led Zeppelin's fourth album is officially untitled, with the only markings on it being the four runes that each member of Led Zeppelin chose for themselves. They chose this course of action because they wanted their music to sell albums, not the name Led Zeppelin.

The album continues to be called four only because (1) it's their fourth album, and (2) because their first three albums were titled Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III. But it's not Led Zeppelin IV. It doesn't have a title.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.